Are you a motivated accounting and fintech enthusiast? Are you a smart cookie and internet savvy? When you join Bankingblocks, you’ll be a part of a knowledgeable team of curious and motivated people. You will have growth opportunities. And you will learn about the latest in fintech, banking, payments, and technology.
If you have a keen eye for detail, enjoy connecting with people and pushing the limits of your career, Bankingblocks is the place for you.
This position is suitable for someone with a few years experience in finance or administration who is looking to take the next step in their career. The role will give you hands on and practical experience in many areas of company and financial administration, including cross-jurisdictional accounting, reporting and more.
A typical day will include working with the Finance team to support all aspects of the financial management of our business. Using common sense, problem-solving skills and your passion for detail, you’ll apply your knowledge to new concepts, projects, and routine activities to support the financial services team and the broader business of Bankingblocks.
In this role, your responsibilities are:
- Process accounts payable, receivable invoices and customer statements
- Process monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Answer queries from internal and external clients
- Support the team to prepare financial and regulatory reporting
- Support the team in reviewing finance activities, revenue opportunities and optimisation strategies for the finance department
- Support our management team with administrative and technical projects relating to finance and reporting
To be successful in your role you have the ability to:
- Use your common sense and good judgment in making decisions
- A keen eye for detail
- Knowledge of accounting principles; general ledger, journals, nature of ledger accounts (Is a bank account debit or credit in nature? When is a journal not appropriate?)
- Have vast experience with using the Internet to research, purchase and communicate
- Intelligent, logical, motivated individual who strives for success in their career
- High level of computer literacy including advanced use of Excel
- Synthesise large amounts of data and quickly identify errors and omissions
- Work independently and with others
- You are an effective communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills (English language)
- You have exceptional analytical skills
- Enjoy working in an ever-changing and fast-paced work environment
- A supportive team player
- Commitment to your personal self-development
- Fast learner
- Previous experience in payments, acquiring, banking or fintech businesses a plus
DO YOU HAVE THE RIGHT SKILLS AND ATTITUDE? APPLY NOW!